IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
After-hour emergencies & Text #: 619-780-4100
*The after-hours line is for EMERGENCIES ONLY. If we do not answer right away, please leave a voicemail and text. If you have a non-emergency issue after hours, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; someone will get back to you the next business day.
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
If the housekeeping/maintenance schedule allows, we do offer 1 hour early check-in and/or 1 hour late check-out. This is not guaranteed, so please contact us 48 hours prior to schedule.
Luggage Storage: For liability reasons, luggage may not be dropped off at the home before check-in. Surf Style has partnered with Stasher, a company that provides 24 hour luggage storage. Guests may book online at www.stasher.com & use the code “sharelove” for 15% off your Stasher booking.
Entry codes are provided 3 days prior to arrival via text and email. Be sure to look out for an email from email@example.com (check your junk folder as well!).
Parking varies by property; please refer to the link in your Access Instructions email to see your parking details. You may also see the advertised photos located on our website.
Check-out time is by 10am on the day of your departure. Before you check-out, please remember to:
- Double check for all your personal belongings
- Place any household items/furniture back where you found them upon arrival
- Lock all windows & exterior doors
Our professional housekeeping teams will take care of the rest!
The home’s Wifi Network and Password are located on the framed Welcome Sign inside the home. You may also find this information linked in your Access Instructions email.
If you experience any connection issues:
- Check to be sure both the modem and router are securely plugged into the wall.
- Reboot the modem and router by unplugging them from the back for 10 seconds and then plug them back in. Please allow up to 25 minutes to complete the reboot.
- If your network does not appear on your connecting device, the modem may have reset to default settings. Look on the back of the router for the default Network & Password.
If issues persist, please contact our team for assistance (619) 535-6918.
If you are experiencing trouble with a cable box, please try each of the following steps:
- Ensure the remote has working batteries.
- Ensure both TV & cable box are plugged into the wall and turned on.
- Check that the HDMI cord from the cable box is plugged into the TV.
- Change the “Source” or “Input” until you see ‘HDMI 1’ or ‘Cable Box’
- Unplug the cable box from the back of the cable box (not from the wall) for 10 seconds, then plug the box back in. The reboot can take several minutes.
If issues persist, please contact our team for assistance (619) 535-6918.
- Tap the Smart Home Icon on your TV remote (should look like a house symbol)
- Launch YoutubeTV App
- For LIVE TV, click the LIVE icon
CLEANING AND SUPPLIES
Every unit has been cleaned and prepared prior to your arrival. If there is a problem with cleanliness, please call 619-535-6918 and let us know immediately.
Each home is equipped with a starter kit of expendable supplies including:
- dish & dishwasher soap
- kitchen sponge
- hand soap
- garbage bags
- paper towels
- laundry detergent
- toilet paper
- bath soap
- hair dryer
Please bring additional if you feel this will not be adequate.
Beach towels and beach chairs are provided inside each home. Boogie boards and beach toys are provided at select homes, please refer to your specific property.
LINENS & TOWELS
Please do not remove any linens from the unit except for beach towels. Bath towels, bed sheets, pillows, & blankets are provided for each guest. Each guest should have 1 bath towel, 1 hand towel and 1 washcloth. If you are looking for these supplies, please be sure to check all hallway and bedroom cabinets & drawers.
Mission Beach: Tuesday (recycle is every other Tuesday). *During the Summer only, there will be an additional pickup day on Saturday’s – every Saturday through Sept 23, 2023.
Encinitas/Pacific Beach/La Jolla: Monday (recycle is every other Monday)
Cardiff by the Sea: Friday (recycle is every other Friday)
Some homes utilize a trash pickup service. If so, the trash service vendors will need to access the property to place out and put back the cans. This information will be included in your Access Instructions if it applies to your home.
ORGANIC WASTE RECYCLING (GREEN BINS)
The City of San Diego’s Environmental Services Department is rolling out a new Organic Waste Recycling program to allow every San Diegan to easily recycle food scraps, food-soiled paper and yard trimmings and do their part to help the environment.
CLICK HERE for instructions and tips on using your green bin (small kitchen pails are located inside each home).
HEATING AND AC
In San Diego, many rentals are not equipped with air conditioning, but if so equipped, guests must agree to operate within the following guidelines:
- Air conditioning shall not be set below 68 degrees.
- Heat shall not be set above 74 degrees.
- Doors and windows must be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation.
Please keep the refrigerator at its factory settings. A common mistake is to attempt to cool down all new food in an empty refrigerator. It may take 24 hours to fully cool if filled with groceries.
One option is to leave all non-perishable items out of the refrigerator, such as canned drinks, and let the perishables become cold first.
WARNING: Changing the setting to “High” may cause the condenser to freeze up.
Only a responsible adult should light the fireplace. When lighting a gas fireplace, have a long lighter ready. As you ignite the lighter, slowly turn the fireplace gas on. Please keep all body parts and additional people away from the fireplace when lighting.
*Additional instructions may be listed in the home if your property’s fireplace requires them.
Click here for a general video on how to operate your BBQ.
*The Fire Pit Instructions listed below may only apply to certain units.
Click here for a general video on how to operate your fire pit.
- Turn the gas knob to the right.
- Using a BBQ lighter, ignite a flame in the center of the rocks. For your safety, do not put your face or clothing anywhere near the flame.
The instructions listed below may only apply to certain units.
- The spa is set to remain on at all times.
- You can adjust the temperature to your preferred setting by pressing the up and down arrows. Please make sure you keep the spa covered when not in use.
- To turn the jets on, press the “jets” button once. Press the jets button twice for a stronger pressure. And a third time to turn the jets off.
- Please do not push buttons multiple times.
HOT TUB/POOL RULES
PRIOR TO USE
- Wash off all sand
- No running
- No peeing
- No diving
- No dunking
- No food or drink in pool/hot tub
- Do not use soap of any kind
- Children must be accompanied by a parent
- Swimsuits required
- Be respectful to neighbors and keep noise levels at a minimum Management conducts routine cleanings/maintenance.
When umbrellas are not in use, please close and tie up. The wind may result in damage or carry them down the beach.
Packages can be sent to your vacation home during your stay. Please ensure any deliveries do not arrive prior to your reservation start date. USPS mail is not deliverable. Any mail sent via USPS will be lost. Surf Style Vacation Homes cannot be held liable for any lost, stolen, damaged, or misplaced packages.